Crowle Peatland Railway takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of Crowle Peatland Railway or renew your membership, we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details – name, address, email address and phone numbers
- Date of birth – to calculate membership category
- Equality information – gender
- Safety and emergency contact details – when being inductd as an active volunteer.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with membership services
- Organise club activities
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the club, opportunities to get involved in club meets, training, general meetings or other events.
- Raise awareness of the club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion, education and development purposes.
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with:
- The Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
- Charities Act 2011 which requires us to maintain a register of members, including name, address, date admitted to membership and date on which membership ceased, to hold general meetings, issue notices and AGM voting arrangements.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive and ORR. We may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining advice.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our Membership Secretary and trustees only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by our club in a password protected membership database and where in hard copy, a locked filing cabinet.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for two years.
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
- Request that we delete your personal information.
- You can contact us at Angus Townley, Trustee & Membership Secretary, Crowle Peatland Railway, Owlett Hall, 2 Church Lane, Crowle, DN17 4LQ
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/